South Louisiana residents understand the importance of learning from the past and preparing for the future. With the hurricane season upon us, Thibodaux Chief of Police Bryan Zeringue would like to offer some helpful tips to our community partners.
- Stock non-perishable food, bottled water, batteries and flashlights
- Be sure to include water for bathing in case of contaminated water or no access to water (helpful tip: fill up your bathtub with water before the weather hits)
- Secure all outside property so the wind cannot carry it away
- Finalize emergency preparedness plan. Planning Tips
- Identify sources of information and contact details. Information Sources
- Anticipate medication needs at home and on the road
- Confirm if pets are allowed at your travel destination. Be sure to include food and water for them as well.
- Families with special needs can register with the Office of Emergency Preparedness
- at (985) 532-8174
Chief Bryan Zeringue and the Thibodaux Police Department are confident that preparation will help us weather any storm that comes our way.