Thibodaux Chief of Police Bryan Zeringue is pleased to announce that the Thibodaux Police Department will be participating in the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign beginning June 30th, 2017 and ending on July 5th, 2017.
Utilizing the Louisiana Highway Safety grant, Thibodaux Police Officers will be assigned to saturation patrols with the goal of keeping our families safe as they travel on the roadway.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 10,265 people killed in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes in 2015; an average of 1 alcohol-impaired-driving fatality every 51 minutes.
Chief Zeringue and the Thibodaux Police Department would like to offer a few safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Never drive if you have had anything containing alcohol to drink
- Even legal medication can make you unfit to drive safely. A few of those medications are tranquilizers, narcotic pain pills, sleep medicines, some antidepressants, cough medicines, antihistamines and decongestants.
- Plan a safe way to get home before the party starts
- If you plan to walk home, have a sober friend secure you a cab. Walking impaired is not safe.
- If in Thibodaux, report impaired drivers to the Thibodaux Police Department at 985-446-5021
Chief Zeringue and the Thibodaux Police Department would like to thank all of our partners for helping spread the word about the importance of not drinking and driving – even if it is just one drink. Together, we can keep Thibodaux safe and a great place to live.